In order to use Fable you will need the following tools:
- .NET Core SDK which is needed to be able to work with F# files and F# dependencies
- Node.js, which is need to execute JS code
- NPM which is a JS package dependencies managers
So in order to get started with your next Fable project we have several great free solutions for you:
- Visual Studio Code Code with the Ionide plugin, which is a great set of tools to create and work with F# projects and F# dependencies and gives you F# language support.
- Visual Studio Code with the Fsharp language server plugin which gives you F# language support.
- JetBrains Rider
- Visual Studio For Windows
- Visual Studio For Mac
- Vim with Fsharp language server plugin which gives you F# language support.
- Emacs/spacemacs with Fsharp language server plugin which gives you F# language support.